Ocean City Development Corporation
Ocean City, MD
Job Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for overall daily operations of the Ocean City Development
Corporation (OCDC), a 501 c 3 nonprofit organization charged with downtown revitalization in Ocean
City, Maryland. Ocean City is a major tourist destination location. It has a summer season economy that
has growing shoulder seasons.
Salary Range: $85,000 to $115,000, depending upon prior experience, demonstrated skills, and the
Leave time: 24 days per year (includes use for sick and vacation leave)
Paid Holidays (12 per year)
Retirement: SIMPLE IRA plan (matching 3% of gross pay)
Health insurance: OCDC will pay 75% of Silver rated plan
The position will require the Executive Director to work non- traditional hours as required to coordinate
and lead OCDC events on nights, weekends and holidays, particularly during the summer and shoulder
seasons. Selected applicant will work under a employment contract which will contain a six-month
probation period. This is an exempt, salaried position, and is not eligible for overtime.
The Executive Director reports to a 15-member volunteer Board of Directors. The Executive Director
oversees several OCDC staff, volunteers, budget development and management, and program reporting.
Specific job duties include:
1) Working with the OCDC Board of Directors and its committees to implement its revitalization
goals and initiatives.
2) Keeping Board members and OCDC members informed of activities and opportunities that
impact and improve the downtown district.
3) Promoting downtown Ocean City, fundraisers, and events. Most of these fundraisers and events
are held on weekends and evenings. Such events may include music events, custom car
displays, golf tournament, craft beer festivals, SpringFest and SunFest beer trucks, and more.
4) Identifying and applying for relevant grants.
5) Working with the Town of Ocean City, Worcester County and downtown stakeholders.
6) Representing the OCDC at various public events and forums
7) Managing and updating OCDC records including programs and financial matters.
8) Conduct other duties and tasks as defined by the OCDC Board.
• Enthusiasm and commitment for downtown revitalization efforts
• Exceptional relationship skills working within and outside of the organization
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong communication skills with strong written, verbal and presentation capabilities
• Willing to do all phases of required tasks – hands on for manual labor and more
• Capacity to leverage existing resources to address organizational objectives
• Marketing and social media (Meta and Instagram).
• Familiar with WORD, Excel, QuickBooks, Outlook Express, and PowerPoint programs.
• Capacity to implement short- and long-range projects with strong follow through
• Fundraising and grant writing
• Experience working with local government
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds of weight.
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of five years professional experience in economic development
programs, downtown district, and/or Main Street Program; strong foundation in planning, public
administration, or commercial real estate. An advanced degree is a plus. Proven track record of leading
and managing similar organization(s) to meet and exceed goals.
Applicants may be subject to background check as well as personality, cognitive and/or compatibility
testing, which may include any of the following: Hogan Personality Index, the Myers-Briggs Type
Indicator, a DISC Assessment, and other assessments at the Employer’s election.
THE OCDC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN ITS HIRING OR