The Board of Directors of the Ocean City Development Corporation, Inc. have established guiding principles to help them realize their vision and mission. They include:
- Utilizing, in principle, the June 1999 “Ocean City Downtown Village Plan of Action”, prepared by the International Waterfront Group, as a guideline that can be modified as necessary to address the revitalization of downtown Ocean City.
- Encouraging business retention, capital investment, redevelopment, and historical and cultural preservation in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Coordinating efforts to identify community needs and establish priorities to maximize available resources to address those needs.
- When appropriate, reviewing and endorsing community proposals and efforts.
- Providing technical and administrative assistance to the public and private sectors, when possible and appropriate.